The 2022 Joint Information Center and Liaison and Wildlife Communication Workshops were held in Portland, Oregon and were also offered virtually. The workshop focused on the critical and timely best practices for strategic messaging during an oil spill response. Participants also conducted a mini-drill to practice what they learned.
Here are links to the presentations from the workshop (videos will be coming soon).
- Wildlife Messaging – Presented by Jenny Schlieps, Focus Wildlife
- Northwest Area Contingency Plan 96-hour Plan – Presented by Darcy Bird, WA State Dept of Ecology
- What to expect in WA and OR – Presented by Nhi Irwin, WA State Dept of Ecology
- Social Media and Communication – Presented by Sara Zeman, Marine Exchange
This website also houses a number of tools and resources for drills and spills.
- Incident Command System Toolkit – downloadable and fillable forms and templates for use in drills and spills by ICS sections
- Training Resource Page – Other training videos (Coming Soon)